The weather the past two days has been wonderful! Cool, breezy, and sunny. Too cool to go to the pool, but that's fine by me because I've been busy getting ready for our trip to Mississippi. Very early tomorrow morning Owen, my mom and I will be on a plane to Atlanta, and from Atlanta to Jackson, Mississippi. There we will rent a car and drive to Meridian, MS to see Anna and Jesse. On Friday, Jesse will receive his Naval Aviator wings. We just found out he and Anna will be moving to Japan for his next assignment- flying F-18 Hornets. So proud!
Owen is beyond excited. I put him to bed at 7:30pm and he's still awake at 8:42pm and he didn't nap today. About half an hour ago I went in to check on him and he was changing into the clothes I had laid out for him to wear tomorrow. A few minutes ago I told him to try reading, maybe that will help him fall asleep. Now I hear him at the top of the steps.
I am a little sad and nervous to leave Adam, but I know it will be good for both of us. It will also be good for me to spend quality time with just Owen. Adam requires a lot of my attention and sometimes I feel like Owen is short changed. Tonight while I was rocking Adam I explained that I would be away for a few days and he seemed to understand what I was telling him. I also promised him that when he turns 5 I will take him on a special trip :) He liked that idea.
This morning, Adam had his first dentist appointment. He cracks me up all day long with the things he does and says. Before we left for the dentist I was explaining what was going to happen. I told him he'll have to open his mouth really wide so Dr. Sim can see and count his teeth. Once we got to the dentist, he wanted to sit on my lap in the chair. I think he was a little scared. But the minute he sat down he opened his mouth and wouldn't close it. Dr. Sim said he was one of the best 2 year olds he's seen. He can be such a handful for me, so it's refreshing to see him be so cooperative for other people.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment